Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Readings

To those who sacrificed their lives for America in Vietnam, I would like to display my sentiments. I am extremely grateful for your sacrifices, those which I will never be able to fully understand, those actions which you made because your country said that you were fighting for its idea of freedom; this freedom was perhaps from a world filled with communism, or freedom as described by the Constitution's preamble, where it is stated that a common defense shall be provided for Americans. Whether or not you went above and beyond the call of duty for the purpose of Freedom and America, or for those who were fighting beside you, or your families back home, you displayed courage beyond all possible conception. You should be standing beside the surviving men and women of today, but the fact that you made the ultimate sacrifice makes you the subject of my greatest and undying gratitude, and, as far as I know, of every member of this great nation. And I apologize to you for the harsh words and actions against your names by the people who take their hatred of the Vietnam War out on you, when you bravely responded to the call of your country. For you who gave your lives in an unpopular war, a despised war, I want to inform you that you are the heroes of today, and that the freedoms I experience today are a direct product of the heroism and sacrifice I thank you so sincerely for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.